Among the first few things that I did after graduated about a month ago was to make a visit to this wonderful book store which was made known to me by my brother :
"walk in rent a book"
The whole concept was to "buy" a book at its original price and then, you can return it and receive some money back for it. I've been a fan since I went to a few shops like this in Bangkok years back, and has been dreading for one in Malaysia. Lucky me that my younger brother also has the similar passion in reading books and FINALLY i knew that SS2 actually has such a book store( despite having stayed around that area for 5 whole years; well, it seems like I've been residing under the turtle shell all these while after all, lols) The benefit we get is that we get a chance to read multiple choices of books and get back some money upon returning it. you may think, why not just go to a library to rent a book, it's free of charge. Well, it all comes down to choices of books. I would have to admit that the type of English books that catches my eyes were definitely less than those in Bangkok; but there were obviously newer titles than those antiques in the libraries.Besides, I can keep the book for 3 months, and a library doesn't allow that. A true reader may not really need 3 months to complete a book, I would say,;but putting myself into the picture, i needed those duration in view of my traveling plans and all other "to do" things in the list.
So, i looked around and finally found one that was highly recommended by Kok Soon : the life of pi ( pronounced as pie, aka 3.142) and I'm proud to say that I finally finished reading, and what a great read it was! Probably I have weird tastes in books ( the last time i recommended the curious incident of the dog in the night time to Shao Yin, and she dozed off every other page that she flipped ), but I still enjoyed it.
It was actually about a son of a zookeeper, whose ship that he was on sank; with all the animals in it. He ended with some different animals (carnivorous ones; i'm not gonna be a spoiler by telling you all bout them). It follows on how he managed to survive the ordeal, and his belief on multiple religions ; which he felt has the same core yet people has been claiming their differences ; with people asking him to decide his religion when he wanted to embrace them all.
I loved the last part where it changes the whole story and it truly amazed and it never came to my mind. It was great play of substituting certain characters with other player in the story. A brilliant writing it was!!
Among the first few things that I did after graduated about a month ago was to make a visit to this wonderful book store which was made known to me by my brother :
So i received a call yesterday
It was from the KMM , telling me that my "induksi" is scheduled to be on the 5th of June 09.
1. End of Holidays
2. Gotta appreciate every minute left before the "induksi" which signifies the beginning of work (it follows soon after the "induksi"). Just so you know, it is some kind of programme held by our beloved government to all government SERVANTS.it is followed by a programme called BTN (Biro Tatanegara) . If you wanna know it was all about, it is a thing used to "unite" malaysians , eg. by telling you not to question Malay rights etc ( I don't know for sure , I'm just quoting from an article by a writer's letter to the Star which I read lately). I'll find out what it is, either I like it or not, cos it is a compulsory thing.
3. Therefore, the first plan is to go Steamboat & midnight show with the Kamparians! yay!!! Too bad the tickets for terminator salvation was sold out, and jackie, wei jie , pui yee they all are going for Night at the museum(which I had watched), I'll be watching monsters vs aliens, alone.- it broke 2 rules : to watch a movie alone & to watch a cartoon in the cinema !! DUH!!! what to do... have to go with them .. otherwise what I'm gonna do at 11pm!
4. to ah seong, hey , really , like I said, I couldn't join you guys hang out when you are finally willing to come back to Kampar in mid June..Damn sad, for my part, I meant; cos, like you said you guys are just gonna have fun like no tomorrow anyway. haha
5. It's time to wake up from dreams and be SERVANT, I mean, government servant. Duh. ( thinking slave??)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
I've pretty much a damn parasite to my bro when it come sto this KL trip.
I was tagging at his place, occupying his space, using his laptop to online and bullshit (of which, I'm using his laptop again); worse still, i made him sent me to and fro UM , so that I can go out and have fun; yet, I provided him no benefit.
So, I felt rather guilty bout it...
He has been pretty well and did not complain a thing bout my fussy requests, lols.
As for this trip itself, I was trying very hard to resist the temptation of buying stuff despite the sales that was going on.Anyhow, i did manage to go up the KLCC today, FINALLY! Yay..
okay, it was darn boring..but hey, at least I did go there for once, lols.My bro had to wake up so early this morning , bout 6+ to send me to 6th and then rush back to his work.Besides, sock cai and khean chyuan was "forced" to go there again, after I insisted on going to the bridge. So, I think I better appreciate that trip to the bridge. Lols
Big Thanks to my bro (yuen sim), sock Cai and Khean Chyuan for making this trip happen for me.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
It was a MSN chat with Man Chin that landed me on Singapore immediately the next day. And due to the sudden decision, I had to cancel my plans with Wei Jie & Jackie to go Ipoh at the very last minute (bet they hate me greatly right now); and felt so bad about it!
Anyhow, the trip there was definitely wonderful.
MC and I reached there at about 9pm +, James was there to meet us. I couldn’t help but noticed that he looked so sleep deprived and has lost some weight. I wanted to ask him what have those 2 girls done to him; that he looked so wasted. But I don’t see that he would be in a mood to answer that question, I decided to just zip my mouth shut.
Later we met the 2 gals and we headed to their house.
Gosh, their house was so damn beautiful and spacious that it sparked the jealousy in me! I couldn’t remember how many times I’ve praised their house that even the ever enthusiastic Yin was already bored with my exclamations that she just paraded her teeth with a bright smile.
But it has been a tiring day and they have to work the next day that hui wen and james decided to go to bed early. So, there’s only yin to entertain MC and I cos she’s off the next day. While we were busy chattering, as Sexy Sim was busy running to & fro the toilet. Probably she has overheard Yin commenting her sleeping attire; thus decided to wear a bra to sleep that night and that has made her uncomfortable, resulting in her adjusting in the toilet multiple times, I guess?
James and hui wen were off early the next day, inciting fear in me; reminding me of my future working time. Anyhow, it lasted less than seconds cos I was so in the holidaying mood; I dozed off again.
With the ezlink card in hand and a guide who has spent less than a month time in Singapore, we started our tour after we met up with Yin cheng . We headed to some famous places but paid no attention to the surroundings but more to the gossips that everybody was so eager in sharing and listening to. Then, I started to wonder why the heck we were travelling to some different places in the hot sun but noticed only the juicy details of the news. To some point, the girls (yeah, I went travelling around with the 3 ladies who happened to be ex-housemates) were so busy talking that they did not know where they were, yet they couldn’t bother more cos they were too busy talking to each other. Now, at this point, you would have understood why I did not bother putting up where we went to.
The final destination before we headed home was the Merlion staue area, where James and Sexy Sim joined us and posed for photos. After that YC headed back home, cos her mother has been nagging for too little time spent with the family ( as she was always with Sze En what…) so, she decided to give up the time with us.
The events for the night were pretty simple:
1. Hunky James : Selected the cooking ingredients and get blamed for selecting an old cucumber that did not turn up very well in the soup
2. Sexy Sim: Cooked and nagged James for buying an old cucumber that tastes nothing at all.
3. Pretty Yin: washed the cooking utensils and asked what kind of cucumber that was used in the soup despite everyone has been saying that it was an old cucumber
4. MC : Got ready to eat and ate
5. Me: Ate.
The next event line up was to celebrate James’ very very early birthday, cos MC & I wouldn’t have the chance to celebrate with him once we got back to Malaysia. Besides, I personally think that the cake would make a nice snack although James does not like eating cake at all.
All in all, it was the least eventful trip I’ve been to so far, yet , one of the most enjoyable one. To b able to be among these wonderful people just makes everything perfect
Here, I wish them a happy and wonderful life in Singapore!
Yin, keep your promise the next time I come to Singapore kay
James, don’t forget to eat
Hui Wen, stay SEXY!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Immediately after the Langkawi trip, the Genting trip followed.
This time, I had the opportunity to hang out with my hometown gang and the 7 of us spent a night in the same room; so you can guess the excitement built up among Jackie and wei chong,.
To begin with, checking in was pretty much a chaotic yet fun process. Initially we were given a room with a double bed…
The guys: “Damn, something has to be done; no way can 7 people sleep here”
The girls: “wow, its soooooo beautiful! Hey, there’s a fridge! Ah Neoh, put the wine in the fridge already!”
It took a while before the girls realized that the room wasn’t gonna be our room.
So, the whole bunch of 7 chaotic human beings went down to queue up and asked for arrangements of another room with single beds instead. It was up to wei chong to inform our request to a Chinese guy at the counter:
WC: excuse me, just now we DAFTER MASUK already, but...
Shit! Why I said daftar masuk one!
Others : wakakakaa
Others : wakakaa
Receptionist: Err… can I help you?
So, wei chong had to do all the explaining all over again.
Not that we’re belittling BM, but come to think of it, how many you would say “daftar masuk” instead of “check in”?
So, after successful in getting ourselves a room with twin beds, Seong & I made another trip to the receptionist to make arrangements for an extra bed etc. It was all settled in a while and Seong suddenly said he has a call to make
Seong : Excuse me, is this room XXX? I’m calling because I have known that your room occupies more than 2 people, and for that reason, we had to charge you an extra RM70 per head
Si Yun (covering the phone receivers, very gan jiong) : Hey, how!? How!? They say wanna charge extra 70 per head ah!
Jackie (the kuli of grand Kampar hotel): say we’re visitors, lie to them .lie to them.
[I’ve no idea what engchi, Khim Hoe and wei chong were doing at that time; probably they’re having a threesome or something]
Seong (covering the phone receivers): hahahaha
Si Yun : Errr….
SEong : Ah wong, you cannot recognize my voice meh!! Haha. I’m ah seong lah
After successful in making everyone to stop anticipating some sex scenes on the tv, we finally went to a dinner buffet at Green Terrace. A lot of good food was taken in exchange of a big amount of money taken out from our wallets/ purses. Then it’s casino time. Ah seong and wei chong felt that they have too many money that they decided to give uncle Lim’s son some hundreds to spend, instead of treating us to dinner just now. These friends….
After a cup of wine, Engchi and Khim Hoe pretended to be drunk and said wanna sleep. We all knew that Engchi wanted to take advantage of Khim Hoe who dare not touch any girl by saying so. (I hope Mr. Bamboo isn’t reading this). This is another situation where the word “gan jiong” well applied.
So, the smart and helpful but pitiful us decided to give them some space and was forced to go down straying in the chilling corridor as the cold icy wind blew our faces. Finally we decided to have a cup of Starbucks coffee and for me; an ice blended coffee would best suit the cold environment we’re in. Being already a coffee bean fan, I was rather disappointed with the Java Chip that I had; the cream just added to my disgust. Luckily, it was jackie’s treat, so I did not feel as bad.
It was the moment Jackie has been waiting for: sleeping time. She just could not wait to sleep in between Wei chong and Khim Hoe and was so excited that she could not stop herself from saying ‘ gan jiong” a multiple times. As depicted in Ah seong’s blog, the picture well explained Jackie’s happiness that night.
Anyhow, this trip was indeed a success considering the fact it was almost cancelled in its early planning. I indeed have to thank this gan jiong gang that gave me such a good time in this trip.
The not so confident me decided not to book any air tickets despite always enthusiastically wanna go overseas if I passed my exam. So, I ended up travelling in Malsysia only, so far. Not that I’m so supportive the tourism in Malaysia; as their promotion sucks and I could recall that the “cuti-cuti Malaysia” song on TV a few years back was one the things that made me attain the habit of having the remote control in my hand whenever I watches TV (because I just had to switch to any other channel whenever that song was played)
Anyhow, I did end up travelling to Alor Setar (Ranjeev’s place) and Langkawi. Oh yeah, Teluk Intan also.
So, a bunch of us spent a night at Ranjeev’s and the few things I could remember of his place were:
1. Ranjeev’s dad plays golf , and we monkeys who knew nothing tried to pose with the club
2. The same bunch of monkeys started water fighting/war in a temple before everyone started the Songkran.
3. The passengers in the evil green car who plotted to go to Langlawi and cut short the time in Teluk Intan ; namely : Brother Yap, Ranjeev and Chui Yng (CCY)
4. Kian Hwa and those who sat in his car searching for ONE kacang kuda dropped in his Vios, because it will cause smell
5. Tan Char Loo, who probably isn’t the tallest among all, who always wanted the front seat and made the remaining long legged homo sapiens cramped in the backseat
6. Mr goat(meng Hsien) , who was so enthusiastic in helping a patient with seizure that he was called “jik yip beng”( it’s Cantonese-lah, kerja punya sakit)
7. CBK (aka tan Ciang Sang) who robbed the whole mattress and a blanket that wei leik and bro yap has to sleep downstairs. Oh yea, CBk and his chicken feet.. oh ya, and his fecal incontinence.. o… I better stop; otherwise it’ll be a whole biography bout him.
8. Wui ping and CBK who either has polyuria or fecal incontinence that they had stop at almost every rest station (okay, I mightt have exaggerated a little, but it was definitely the trip, among all my previous trips, that stopped at the most rest stations)
9. CCY who for dunno what reason loves to knock on people’s room the moment she wakes up.
10. The tasty wanton mee
Sorry for those I did not mention, cos, my evil mind only remembers the special occasions. Remember to stand out and stop being nice and disappear the group! See? The above mentioned were so successful!
Just a few things to mention:
1. My first time there & I bought 2 wines and some chocolates that cost me so much that I dare not reveal the figure. I will declare bankruptcy very soon if I stay there any longer. Did mention the beers, and all other alcoholic drinks?
2. The bikini girls and one topless girl who ran on the beach early in the morning. Now you wonder why meng hsien wakes up so early every morning in Langkawi
3. CCY who knocked on my room door one early morning that CBK shouted
“C*B***” to her
4. The weird people mentioned above just continued their antics, so need no second mentioning.
I think that’s pretty much described my first post –grad trip.
Oh ya, and the Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fan.
Brother Yap was so happy to be in Teluk Intan and was so impressed with the “Menara Condong” and the availability of the wifi there, that he said someday, he’ll go there and surf net while eating Chee Cheong Fan.